Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Lack of sewing

I have been so bad about sewing lately. I blame this on Harry Potter. I did hem some of Michael's pants which counts as a "sewing activity", but I'm not going to post a picture of his pants. I spent all weekend reading Harry Potter , which I don't regret at all. So my vow is to make August a more productive sewing month -- I want to finish this quilt for Michael so I can start on other projects.

I did go to the quilting store on Friday and it was so nice. They know me there and are always (or so they act) excited when I come in -- which makes me feel good. Quilting people are a nice bunch (except for some that Carla quilts with.) New York quilters are nice...Batavia quilters I'm not so sure.

Here are some of my favorite new fabrics:



Not all in the same quilt. These are all from the Amy Butler "Belle" collection. I love Amy Butler fabric. I want my next quilt to be really bold.
Thats all for today,
Linsay

2 comments:

Carla said...

I love these fabrics... too bad I can't buy any for a while. I've been very tempted.
By the way, if you're going to help me achieve my goal of not buying any new fabric until I finish some of my projects, you're going to have to do a lot better than "well, if it's really cute & you think it's going to sell out..."
Ha ha.
xoxo- CMM

Carla said...

PS- I must defend my peops. My quilt shop is awesome. There are just a few bad eggs that have shown up at the Friday night functions, which has taught me a valuable lesson... don't quilt on Friday nights!!! The one time I was extremely depressed about it was when a lady showed up on her birthday and brought cake for people to eat. Sad...