Thursday, November 29, 2007

New Fabric and Quilt Exhibit

Here are the new fabrics I bought to make the quilt for Brian and Natalie. All the fabrics are part of Denise Schmidt's "Katie Jump Rope" collection except for the red polka dots. The picture of that swatch isn't the one I bought either, but I put it up so you can get the idea behind it. I like the retro feel of the fabric and I like that the colors are bright enough that its very modern looking at the same time. So, like I said, I just want to basically do blocks of each in a pattern and quilt something interesting over the top. I'll definitely keep you posted.



Jack and I went to the quilt exhibit at the Annex to the American Folk Art Museum to see the donated quilts that the museum just received. Here are pictures from two of my favorite quilts. You can go to http://www.folkartmuseum.org to see more! Jack and I had a lovely time AND the security guard insulted me while hitting on me!

1 comment:

Carla said...

Those fabrics are beautiful. I love them- they're perfect! You'll have to update me on your progress, and then of course let me know how excited they are to receive a quilt-by-mail!!!
I like the second fabric best- w/the blocks.
We'll have to go to that museum together when I come out there. I love the first one- it's really amazing that they used to do all that by hand. ALL of it!
Crazy...
Maybe I shouldn't worry so much about my crappy machine!