Monday, March 24, 2008

Marie's block #1


Marie's block #1
Originally uploaded by yuri-g
We are all making quilt blocks for each other's quilts in the Urban Quilters League. Marie had some extra fabric from a set that was given to her and wanted to make use of them. This is my first block with that fabric. I just made the design up, but I'm sure it already exists and has some sort of name. It was definitely a learning experience. I haven't done piecework in a long time. I think it turned out okay. I hope Marie likes it, because that's what matters. I am going to make the second block look more modern. I'm going to do the second block after I start my new class at City Quilter!! I'm taking Intermediate Patchwork and I'll be able to branch out from what I can do now. How exciting!

1 comment:

Carla said...

I had to look at this again since we talked this a.m., and I agree it's kind of a mess. I feel like all of the fabrics work together except the white floral... But it didn't stand out to me at first glance, so that's good.