Tuesday, August 21, 2007

labor of love


I have started the quilting process. This quilt is such a beast, because its so large. I didn't have enough safety pins to baste it properly. So, I did a hack job, but basted it nonetheless. I did some "stitch-in-the-ditch" stabilizing quilting the other day. Then I can ration the pins to other parts of the quilt. Pathetic, I know! The quilt store was out of them and I don't know where else to go.

My second picture concerns me. I was attacked by an unknown portion of my sewing machine. I was moving my quilt and my finger touched an area (which I thoroughly inspected for sharp blades) and it totally sliced underneath my nail! I was so mad. Plus, it hurt really bad too. Basically, it bit me. I've been really careful since, because I never identified what attacked me and I don't want it to do it again. I think it was the light cover? Hmmmm.....i think this may always be a mystery.

My plan today is to do some quilting in the big squares. Hopefully they will turn out well. It turns out that my quilting store is having an advanced class in just quilting techniques -- but I'm working on the Sunday they are offering it. Stupid Walgreens!

Keep on quiltin'
linsay

1 comment:

Carla said...

Hmm, I'm sorry your machine attacked you. How bizarre that you can't find anything there- are you sure it wasn't a stray pin or something?? I'm sure you investigated thoroughly, so I don't know why I'm asking you that stupid question.
Good luck quilting. It's so difficult to roll them up & try to get a good end result! I am attempting my binding today...hopefully I get a good amount done! I'll send a picture soon. The MAN quilt...
Keep safe,
Carla