Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Quilt top partially complete


I sewed the large portion of the quilt top last night. This covers the top of a queen mattress. I am planning on doing a smaller check pattern on the sides that will hang over the bed. I'm thinking of doing a honeycomb pattern on the back from the same fabric line. It comes in some other colors too. I think that's a nice back side of a quilt. Plus I've been really interested in bees lately. I'm going to go work on the rest of the quilt today before work. Hopefully I can get this assembled quickly and start the whole quilting process!
-Linsay

PS: This is one of the knives I bought last night In my "Knife Skills" class:

3 comments:

Carla said...

Looks good. I have to get better at quilting...you actually look forward to the quilting process. My favorite part is assembling the tops. Maybe we should join forces!
Nice knife.

Linsay said...

Hah! ha! That's just cause you're a top. I mean "topper." I'm going to suggest that my quilt store offer a class in quilting -- not assembling a quilt, but the actual quilting. It could be a class where everyone brings in a basted "quilt sandwich" to complete. I think that's a great idea!

Carla said...

Careful now, this is a Rated-PG blog.

I'm signed up for a machine quilting class next month. Your supply list for the class is just what you said- only it's not a quilt sandwich that you care about- it's muslin... but that way, you get to see the affect of the quilting. I think I'll just keep doing my "top" thing until I get the class under my belt!