Tuesday, August 7, 2007

My newest project




I am starting on a new project. The quilt for Michael has been put on hold and its efforts will be redirected at a later date. I bought these three fabrics today to start a queen sized quilt for my bed. I'm really excited about it. I think I'm going to do unconventional rectangular panels to show off the fabric. The orange polka dots will be used as sashing. It's too bad that the colors of the fabrics aren't really captured in these pictures. The green and purple fabrics are by Etsuko Fuyura. To see more of their fabrics here is the link: http://www.reprodepotfabrics.com/etsukofuyura.html . The colors in the fabrics are really rich. I'll keep you posted with some pictures once I start piecing the fabric together!
-linsay

2 comments:

Carla said...

Those are really great fabrics. I'm jealous that you got to go fabric shopping... I still have to wait a while. Of course, I guess you had to stop your current project...
(midget)
oops, sorry!
Yeah, but I LOVE those fabrics! I'm going to have to tell my quilt shop to look at that website...
I've been really into the 30s reproduction fabrics- I think that's what I'll do w/my next project-- whenever that may be...

Carla said...

Ooh, I looked at the website. I'm surprised you didn't get more spiders. I like the moose fabric. Or is that a deer? Well, ya see what ya wanna see, right?
xoxo- C